Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Security Blanket

  Madeline has become very attached to her small blanket with a giraffe head.  It was actually Eva's who has been very kind to give it up.   She never really cared much about it.  Madeline, however, cannot sleep well without it.  If she has it she's usually got it up close to her face with her two fingers in her mouth.  She likes to sleep right on top of it with her bottom right up in the air.  

I'm a little worried what would happen if we
 were to lose it.  We've tried to trick her with other soft silky items but she can tell the difference.  Eva was attached to a pacifier.  I guess every baby has some sort of security blanket and eventually they learn to give them up.  With Eva, we just kept losing them until we were down to one.  Johnathan made her look all over the housefor it before bedtime one night and finally she determined they were all gone and she never looked back.  Let's hope it will be that easy if we ever lose Madeline's.  On second thought, I think I'll jump on over to ebay to see if I can find another one just in case.  


No comments:

Post a Comment