Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bedtime prayers


Since Eva was little we have been saying prayers with her at night.  I've learned you can discover a lot about your child's day by praying with them.  She surprises us with who she remembers to pray for too.  I think sometimes she'll overhear us on the phone or talking about somebody and she remembers them later that night.  



She's memorized a quick four liner and so I figured it was probably a good time to move onto something more complicated like Our Father.   So I told her I had a new prayer for her that we were going to learn and recited it for her.  Her eyes got bigger and bigger and she looked at me like, "You think I'm going to remember all that Lady?"  

At the end she said, "I have a new prayer too."  
"OK."  I said.  "Let's hear it."
"Good grief, Good night, Good grief, Good night."

Good grief is right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment