Monday, May 13, 2013

Tiny Dancers

My sweet ballerinas pirouetted their hearts out last weekend for Eva's third recital and Madeline's first.  They both just adore their teachers and were so wrapped up in the whole thing.  This dance Mom was a little tired by the end of the costumes, emails and all the practices.  It was worth it though for the fun these girls had.

One of the ways I know God has a sense of humor?  I have been required to make a ballet perfect bun multiple times in the last three weeks.  

My knowledge of hair styles encompasses two specialties, a pony tail or two pig tails.  That's it.  I had to buy hair spray for the recital, the only hair product we owned before it was Johnathan's gel to tame his lion mane. 

I have now almost perfected the sock bun but it requires about 145 bobby pins and a half bottle of hair spray to look complete.   The girls were also excited when they heard they could wear makeup for the recital, but disappointed in the blush and lip gloss I had to offer.  Thank goodness for Aunt Billie Jo's makeup.



Madeline really enjoys ballet and was even selected to be in a speciality dance.  She struck up just a few poses on her own for the camera.  

What a ham

Eva and Madeline were both snowflakes in a snow scene.  Here is Eva on stage dancing next to her cousin.

Eva and Lilley made the most of their time together.  Especially the unsupervised time spent at the snack machine with money hoarded from mom's wallets and sock drawers.  They might have lived on sour skittles for a week.  

We are grateful for the break from dance for the summer but I know the girls will be itching to get back to their arabesques and pirouettes soon.  In the mean time I will continue to find the hundreds of bobby pins that have been scattered about the house and make sure to stock up on bottles of hair spray over the summer for next year.  



No comments:

Post a Comment