Spring is here in Virginia which means pollen and inch worms. We have been enjoying the warmer temperatures as Johnathan begins his yearly struggle agains the clover and moss to grow the coveted green grass that seems highly elusive in this corner of the neighborhood.
We enjoyed Easter at home this year with Aunt Belle coming to visit for the day.
Sugar, one of the few things that tames the wild beast.
The farthest thing from a wild beast is our sweet Lilly
We colored Easter eggs but I realized a valuable lesson. Egg dye is not easily removed from a two year old's hands. Let's just say we might have used some abrasive scrubbing and cleaning products so we did not show up at church looking like an Oompa Loompa.
Next year I'm breaking into my work bag for latex gloves
Cora's first encounter with the inch worms was dramatic. I had to carry her to the bus stop and she wouldn't let me put her down she was so scared of worms, bees, ants and pretty much any moving thing outside. My how the tables have turned. She may have a hoarding problem.
I made the mistake of buying her a bug catcher which she took as a challenge to fill the thing up with as many as possible.
They survive much longer in the bug catcher than her hands though. Those fine pressure receptors in her fingers are not quite fine tuned enough to differentiate between a gentle squeeze and life ending pinch.
Madeline is much more gentle.
Spring has been lovely buy we are ready for summer and the pool. Cora's been warming up her sunglasses. I can only hope she warms up to the pool as much as she has warmed up to the inch worms.
No comments:
Post a Comment