Friday, August 10, 2012

A Perfect 10

The Olympics have us all mesmerized.   We watch with excitement, hope, anxiety waiting for the results to see if our guy has won the Gold.   In the midst of the olympic furor, Johnathan and I celebrated our ten year anniversary.  I'd like to avoid the obvious  in saying that I have already won the Gold with this guy, but it just fits.


After a fabulous family wedding we were able to jaunt off on a five day Tour De New England on our own. (THANK YOU MOM AND DAD!!)



We started in Lee, Mass at a BEAUTIFUL place called the Applegate Inn.  Pure Luxury and so peaceful and quiet.  We stayed for two nights doing not much of anything .


Our second stop was Niantic, CT which is only about 20 minutes from Mystic, CT so, yes, we ate at Mystic Pizza.  We did not see Julia Roberts and the pizza had nothing on Bottoms Up but at least we can say we've been there.



The place there was right on the water and was called The Inn at Harbor Hill.  We watched an amazing sunset over the water and then also ate breakfast out on the porch.   Johnathan dreamed of owning an nice boat and I dreamed of never owning a boat.  Maybe a Kyack or canoe.




We drank a lot of coffee.  Dunkin Donuts in the North is like sweet tea in the south.  You can't get good sweet tea in the north and the Dunkin in the south is just not the same.


LOBSTAH!




We spent our last night at the Moheagan Sun Casino in CT and ate at Bobby Flay's Bar Americain.  Johnathan gorged himself on a steak and then played a nice few hours of Blackjack.  



The vacation was the perfect way to celebrate our first 10 years.  Much like the athletes training for the Olympics, marriage requires constant training, discipline and unwavering commitment to the end prize.  
You have to be willing to change strategies, to overcome hurdles and injuries.  Johnathan's Dad told us on our Wedding day the four C's to a successful marriage.  Commitment, Communication, Compromise and Christ.  I can say that those words have strong truth.  The first 10 have been perfect.  I can't wait to see what the next part of this marathon holds for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment