They say it is better to give than to receive, but I beg to differ. Eleven years ago I received this beautiful gift wrapped up in amazing package we called Eva.
I never could have imagined the blessings this gift would bring me. I thought my whole pregnancy I would be unwrapping a baby boy, knowing I'm not the girly type, but God laughed and had a different plan. I'm so thankful for the gifts he sent to me through this girl. I'm still unwrapping them everyday.
God gave me the gift of fashion in this girl. He balanced out my black and grey with her bold colors and accessories.
He gave me a fellow Sushi lover to share soy sauce and wasabi with.
He sent me a tender heart that cries at Hallmark commercials to balance out my lack of tears.
He gave me a strong, independent child knowing sometimes in the future I'd be consumed with a more needy and vocal little sister.
He made this child outgoing and full of character to supplement our lives with theatrical drama and comedy.
God gave me a gentle leader who, by example, models positive behaviors and actions to her little sisters.
This gift, who's heart is full of Jesus, inspires me.
God knew just what we needed. I am so thankful everyday for this bold, beautiful, tender girl.
Happy 11th Birthday, Eva.
May you always know you are a perfect, treasured gift.
(Thank you, Amy Robinson Photography for some of the images above)
(Thank you, Amy Robinson Photography for some of the images above)





Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI loved this! Happy birthday, sweet Eva! Thank you for being a dear friend to Livi. Xo
ReplyDeleteAnd Danielle I loved your comment about lack of tears. I have that, too!��