Thursday, September 17, 2015

Treasure Hunter

On any given day, you will find a stash of treasures under this girl's pillow, in her pajama drawer, or in her pockets.   

Like a squirrel burying nuts for winter, she knows what each stash contains and where it is hidden.  She keeps a mental checklist of what is hidden where.  




One of her favorite is loose coins.  I've seen her spot change on the floor or in the couch and stealthily, without her sisters noticing, slip it into her pocket and run upstairs to hide it somewhere in her room.  

She pilfers items from her sisters room and they have learned if they are missing something, she's usually the one to ask.  

She keeps multiple purses with the most random trinkets stashed around the house.  I can't find a backpack or sparkly bag that is not weighted down and clanking full of small valuables.  

Future hoarder? Maybe.  Prepper?  Possibly.  

Or maybe just a avid coin collector, a super prepared executive with a giant piggybank of savings, or an archeologist uncovering priceless treasures.  


This Indiana Jones of mine turns FIVE today.  She is my intense, amazing, hilarious snuggler who is one whole hand big today.     

I hope she continues to grab what life offers her without fear and seeks out what makes her happy without hesitation.  


I pray she knows with confidence these earthly trinkets are nothing compared to eternal treasures she has in store.  

Happy Birthday to our hidden treasure, my pot of gold, my priceless gem.

No comments:

Post a Comment