Saturday, February 7, 2015

Puppies and Hermit Crabs

This girl's heart, I can't even fathom it's depths.

She loves all creatures great and small with empathy and compassion.

She is my Florence Nightingale, my Dr. Doolitle.   My now SEVEN year old Florence Nightingale and Dr. Doolitle.

She is at her happiest when playing something that involves her caring for something; Nursery, Vet, Teacher, Doctor.   And the attention to detail she puts into it shows her level of commitment to loving those things unconditionally.

So when she asked for hermit crabs for her birthday, there was no concern that this would be a fleeting interest.


Those crabs may be the most loved of all crabs in the history of this earth.

We had to rearrange her entire room so she could sleep closer to them and see them when she woke up.
We've been told Hermit Crabs can live 30 years.  That's a lot of smothering coming to those guys.

She also wanted a puppy party AT HOME.  With LOTS of games AND crafts.  She does not know her mother well.  Crafts and party planning are not my style, but thankfully they are my Mothers.  

She organized puppy ears, coloring pages and more.

I'm exhausted.  Those children should be some sleepy pups tonight.

This girl is a blessing to us and to those she loves.

  
I hope she continues to love as deeply, to continue to have empathy, even when others may not show it to her.  I know her light will shine brightly on many.

Happy Seventh Birthday my sweet MJ.




1 comment:

  1. I SO enjoy these posts and look forward to them every year. (The pictures are always amazing.)

    ReplyDelete